This kit will include everything you need to perform this wonderful detox technique.
- Handmade linen water bottle cover sewn by Handmademarket 2 Market
- water bottle(to fill with hot water) this bottle fits into the linen bag
- a jar of castor “oiled” wool- a flannel soaked in castor oil [keep this jar and reuse the flannel]
- a refill bottle of castor oil for future use- 2 oz
- plastic wrap (this is to be placed in between the between the flannel and the hot water bottle)
I will be sending out a detailed info card with everything you need to know about castor oil kits!
-castor oil packs can be used for painful joints, menstrual cramps, iron build up in breasts(this is a common problem) my favorite: a liver detox, and even constipation.
Wellness Mamma, “
What It Is
The idea is to keep castor oil on a piece of cloth on the skin for at least an hour with a heat source to stimulate lymph and liver function. Unlike some “detox” methods, this is not said to have any negative side effects and there are many accounts of people who noticed immediate better sleep, more energy, and clearing of skin symptoms.
NOTE: Even for external use, I’d consult with a doctor or naturopath to make sure that this natural remedy is OK for you. It should not be used if pregnant or struggling with a medical condition. I also test any new oil (or any substance) on a small part of my arm before using it on a larger area of the body.
The beauty of a castor oil pack is you can place it where benefits are needed:
- Using on the right side of the abdomen or the whole abdomen is thought to help support the liver and digestive system. Some gallbladder specialists recommend castor oil packs as part of a holistic regimen.
- Place directly on strained joints or muscles to reduce inflammation. (Note: This is not as a substitute for medical care but to speed healing of minor injuries that don’t need medical attention)
- Or try on the lower abdomen to help with menstrual pain and difficulties.What It Does
Castor oil packs harness the anti-inflammatory and lymph stimulating benefits of castor oil but allow safer external use. From a 1999 study:
With a minimal 2-hour therapy period, this study found that castor oil packs produced a “significant” temporary increase in the number of T-11 cells that increased over a 7 hour period following treatment and then returned to normal levels within 24 hours later.
The T-11 cell increase represents a general boost in the body’s specific defense status. Lymphocytes actively defend the health of the body by forming antibodies against pathogens and their toxins. T-cell lymphocytes originate from bone marrow and the thymus gland as small lymphocytes that identify and kill viruses, fungi, bacteria, and cancer cells. T-11 cell lymphocytes supply a fundamental antibody capability to keep the specific defense system strong.
There aren’t any conclusive studies on the use of castor oil packs externally (though there are some preliminary ones), but a long history of traditional use in many cultures. There is some evidence that it can have a suppressive effect on tumors and a positive effect on arthritiswhen used externally.
Castor oil packs also provide a time of quiet relaxation, which comes with its own set of health benefits!
How to Do a Castor Oil Pack
Castor oil packs are simple to do at home. I like them because they require me to be still and relax for at least an hour. That’s not always easy to accomplish! They can be messy, but with proper preparation are not.”